Thursday, January 21, 2010

Who Am I?

I am a completely different person than I was a year ago. Obviously everyone changes overtime from preschool to senior year of high school but almost exactly a year ago I realized I wasn't the person I wanted to be for the rest of my life. I had goals above what I could've reached had I stayed the way I was. I hope to be a kindergarten teacher one day but the unmotivated slacker I was wasn't the example I wanted to reveal to children. I knew no one could change me except myself and I didn't know how to go about changing besides starting fresh. The first step I took to start new was by grounding myself. I knew if I allowed myself out of the house I would surely be more influenced to hang out with people I shudn't. So while staying under my own house arrest I decided who I should and shouldn't allow myself to talk to anymore. I went back to the root of my friendships and those who would help me through this change would be the people I stayed in contact with. That was without a doubt the greatest change I've made for myself and in my life. Now the biggest influence to myself is myself. The people who have always been there for me and what makes me happy without disappointing anyone in the process. My goal, as I said, was to be a kindergarten teacher. My purpose is to help people find the good in life without anything more than themselves.

2 comments:

  1. You are so insightful. You demonstrate that you have sociological mindfulness and you are able to apply it to the person you want to be. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you have changed not for the worse but for the better. I think that ou would be a good kindergarden teacher because you are nice and caring.

    ReplyDelete